Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trek

So, I just got back from Trek. It was FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!! I LOVED IT! It was incredibly cool, and really spiritual. We had crazy up and down hills though :P, and crazy rocks :P. I think, personally, for me, the hardest time was the Woman's pull (where all the men leave to simulate the Mormon Battalion, and the girls pull their hand carts by themselves till a certain point) it wasn't hard physically for me though. It was hard mentally and emotionally. I'm not going to lie, I had trouble to keep tears from flowing. And then, watching the women struggle up that hill, it was all I could do to not go down and help. I had to turn away sometimes so I wouldn't go down. From that experience, my respect for women (which has always been fairly high) shot up like no other. I was so impressed, words can not describe it. Then we, the men, sang 'Come, Come Ye Saints'. It was a very spiritual moment for me, and, I could tell for almost, should be all, more than likely, men. Then, us men (we had taken our hats off as we sang) saluted the girls with our hats. That was a very touching moment for me. Then, we hiked through the worst part yet. Hills galore, rocks galore. Up and down, down and up. But, we made it, and I learned so much. I have gained such a respect the pioneers. We went 12 miles in two days, the pioneers went about 20 A day! I can not understand.
I got pictures, so, I promise to show them to you when they are developed. So, yeah.

2 comments:

  1. dude you freaking almost made me cry!!!!! the womans pull was definitely the hardest part, and most spiritual, all you women out there are awesome!

    Caden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. I don't think I could of done that, it would have been terribly hard for me, and, I don't know if I could have done as well.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I would greatly appreciate if you put your name (if you know me :P) If you don't, don't worry about it.

Search My Blog