Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

On the matter of perfection.

Something has been on my mind lately and its been bothering me. What is it? Perfection. I just don't agree with the idea of perfection in general. To me, having perfection as the goal hurts more than it helps, cause every time you get closer, you slide back down. I don't think perfection is an accurate statement/goal/thing/whatever to say as the point in life.

So if not perfection, then what? you say. I think the true goal in life is learning to be happy. Cause when you're happy you want to help others more. When you're happy you accept your imperfections, but know you need to change. When you're happy you can move forward and make progress. Perfection can/will follow happiness, but that's not what we should aim for. Sometimes if you aim to high you try to go over the mountain instead of taking the path up it. You miss everything along the way and you don't grow form it at all.

Sorry. That was my philosophical rant for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I would greatly appreciate if you put your name (if you know me :P) If you don't, don't worry about it.

Search My Blog